SETS North Africa is seeking qualified individuals with a proven track record in project planning and controls of large-scale construction projects to join their Program Management department as part of a mega-infrastructure development program in Cairo, Egypt.
The Program Management department at SETS international provides value-added consulting services to its clients in the capacity of Project/Program Managers, Construction Managers, outsourced Project/Program Management Office, and Project Advisory. The department’s core scope of services include technical management, schedule management, risk management, procurement management, contracts and claims management, quality management, health / safety management, and value engineering.
• Setting up project control systems and applying best practice project controls policy, processes and procedures to the project.
• Developing the program’s project management plan, procurement plan and construction plan.
• Support the continuous development and enhancement of the PMO’s Project Management Information System (PMIS)
• Developing weekly and monthly project progress reports to the owner
• Monitoring and control of the cost and overall project schedule against agreed performance targets using earned value management.
• Developing, monitoring and updating of the project implementation plan and analysis of critical paths.
• Preparation of monthly progress reports, including cost/schedule status and cash flow progress performance metrics.
• Support the preparation of operational look-ahead plans
• Support the preparation of claims
• Monitoring of risk and recommending mitigation measures as required.
• Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in engineering
• Served as project controls manager for at least 5 years
• 20+ years of progressive experience with renowned regional/international construction companies or consulting firms
• Highly competent in project scheduling and control software (P6, MS Project, PCM, etc…)
• Excellent written and spoken English and Arabic
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills