Client: King Abdullah City for Atomic & Renewable Energy
Location: Riyadh - Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Services: Program Management , Technical Management
Status: Completed - 2011
The project aims at the creation of a new flagship city in Saudi Arabia in the vicinity of Riyadh. The land allocated for this new city covers an area in excess of 6,300 hectares. The master plan is expected to include a mixed-use of institutional, research facilities, commercial, recreational and housing activities, and infrastructure systems.
SETS were commissioned by the project Authority to undertake the Program & Technical Management of this prestigious project. Duties included:
- Overall management of the project operations, contractual and technical support to the project leadership. Contracts managed exceed a total of 30 contracts.
- Assistance in procurement of all parties involved with the project (master planners, consultants, visionary consultants, contractors, etc…) including preparation of RFP’s, analysis of technical and financial proposals, contract negotiation and award.
ñInitiation and management of the master plan design studies through an ideas competition which gathered 12 internationally and locally acclaimed master plan consultants who contributed to the city concept master plan with emphasis on Phase 1 of the project.
- Management of 2 visionary consultants that are providing the master planners with innovative ideas regarding the city components and image.
- Management on an international multidisciplinary infrastructure consultant who is advising on utilities concepts ( transport systems, power generation, water resources, drainage, etc…)
- Leading and managing the efforts to design and build a world class exhibition that will promote the new city as a role model for the entire Country and region.
- Management and review all master plan components including zoning, land use, architecture, roads and infrastructure systems.