Bawabat Makkah is a visionary new city strategically located at the Western entry point of Makkah. It is an 83km2 site envisioned to comprise :
-The New Government Districts
- Commercial Districts
- Residential Districts
- Educational HubScope
Bawabat Makkah is bounded by the old Makkah?Jeddah Road to the north and Al Leith Road to the South. The existing part of the 5th Ring Road bounds the project to the West.
Makkah?Jeddah Expressway crosses the project in the East?West direction. The recently proposed alignment of Haramain Rail cuts through the southern part of the development site.
SETS main scope for of this project is to prepare the following:
- Hydrological study and flood assessment of Wadi Makkah, Wadi Makar, Wadi Fatimah and Wadi Wsaygi.
- Infrastructure concept design (water supply, wastewater and stormwater drainage)
- Structural plan for 83 km2 site
- Planning and Programming and Master Planning for phase 1
- Transport Access Strategy and Traffic Study for phase 1
- Roads and Infrastructure Study for phase 1