Services: Traffic Management / Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS)
Status: Complete - 2006
The project entails incorporating law enforcement, traffic management, and security systems for improved traffic and security in major KSA cities (Riyadh, Jeddah, Makkah, Madinah, and Tabuk) and provinces (Eastern Province, Qassim, and Assir).
This ambitious scheme aims at improving traffic safety by means of deploying an automated system for traffic violations administering and monitoring; enhancing road network capacity by improving traffic mobility; devising innovative mechanisms for funding traffic management schemes, and promoting security with the use of automated vehicle monitoring and recognition systems.
Individual experts from SETS were part of the consulting team along with RASIM Tech and IBI Group.
Scope: • Assessment of existing traffic management systems
• Review and selection of suitable technologies; preparation of functional design & system design
• Preparation of a ‘Request for Proposal’ for the implementation of the designed systems on a Build- Operate-Transfer (BOT) model
• Preparation of the technical specifications of the Command & Control Center (CCC) performing the following key functions:
- Traffic Monitoring
- Traffic Emergency Call Response
- Incident Verification & Incident Response
- Traffic Signal Control
- Police Vehicle Monitoring and Dispatch
- Field Equipment Monitoring and Control