Vertical Transportation Study for Beirut Digital District
Client: ZRE S.A.L
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Services: Vertical Transportation Study
Status: Completed - 2014
The Beirut Digital District (BDD) is expected to attract more than 200 companies and will be the center of IT events. BDD Hub consists of 4 parcels covering an approximate building floor area of 122,500 m² with a total number of 10 building volumes and temporary structures of different uses including office spaces (50%), residential area (30%), hotel facilities (12.5%) and retail centers (7.5%).
The Electromechanical scope of work comprises the vertical transportation study for BDD Hub-Phase B consisting of a 2B+GF+21 floor residential building, a 3B+GF+9 floor hotel building, a 6B+GF+25 floor office building and a 6B+GF+18 floor office building respectively.
For each of these 4 buildings, the vertical transportation study shall cover the following:
- General description of functional areas to develop an optimized dedicated vertical transportation system serving the specific function.
- Review of floor levels and their translation to parameters affecting the vertical traffic assumptions and calculations.
- Overview of several scenarios and recommendations of a preliminary vertical transportation scheme.
- Summary of the considerations forming the basis of the design recommendations and ride performances in terms of handling capacity, waiting time and maximum expected waiting time.
- Identification of the lift performance and control mode adopted to achieve the recommended arrangement.
- Identification of architectural space requirements for machine rooms and elevator wells