Services: Transport Planning /Traffic & Engineering Studies
Status: Completed - 2018
Riyadh City is considered one of the Middle East’s fast growing and developed cities with more than six million inhabitants. The Riyadh road network is considered one of its most prominent urban landmarks.
The City is witnessing huge and unprecedented transportation projects aiming to accommodate the steady increase in traffic, passengers, and freight movements. In this context, the Riyadh Municipality is implementing a comprehensive Traffic Management Program which will be periodically repeated every three years. Through this program, the City of Riyadh will be able to keep pace with its transport system needs through the provision of comprehensive and frequent improvements to its transport and traffic infrastructure.
Upgrading the City of Riyadh Traffic Model (part of the Riyadh Traffic Management Program)
- Traffic studies of black spots and congested locations
- Traffic studies of current and future infrastructure projects
- Traffic studies for commercial centres and main attractions
- Traffic management plans during construction of infrastructure projects
- Transport studies of Riyadh Public Transport Project
- Traffic surveys and data collection
- Topographic surveys
Providing Riyadh Municipality with a fully dedicated Technical Support Team, which is responsible for:
- Day to day follow up on residents complaints related to traffic.
- Propose solutions to such traffic problems and improve safety measures
- Identify traffic studies and their priorities
- Technical review of different projects and reports
- Review traffic impact assessment studies submitted by developers
The program also included Upgrading the City of Riyadh Traffic Model