Services: Restoration Design and Construction Supervision
In line with the Kingdom’s 2030 Vision and the Ministry of Culture’s plan for conserving the heritage buildings in Historic Jeddah District, the Ministry has launched a plan to restore / renovate a number of selected historic buildings to serve specific uses.
SETS, in collaboration with ASD, is providing the necessary Design, Technical Support & Construction Supervision Services for a number of priority houses, including:
- Beit El Jokhdar
- Beit Amir El Baher
- Beit Al Matbouli
- Beit Al Wahj
- Beit Al Balad
Given the historic value of the buildings, SETS in acting as the “Restoration Consultant” to advise on allowable interventions with regards to proper conservation methods, structural capacity and impact of renovation / remodeling scheme on the building, in addition to supervising the execution of the works. The Consultant’s scope focused on the following main tasks:
- Data collection and digital scanning to produce digital 3-D models of the current buildings conditions.
- Assessment of the current conditions of the buildings to identify deteriorating components.
- Program development and space allocation.
- Structural assessment & restoration studies.
- Proposing intervention methods for supporting and restoration works, taking into consideration adherence to UNESCO guidelines and requirements.
- Design of restoration and fit-out works including MEP systems.
- Supervision of the restoration and renovation activities.